Imagine running a profitable business that feels more like a guilty pleasure . . . buying stacks of trashy magazines and writing them off as business expenses . . . taking superstar clients out for wine + butternut squash ravioli to celebrate major media wins . . . and prowling around E! Online for hours + hours, as legitimate research.
Yep. That’s pretty much a day in my life, as a PR Rockstar.
Try not to be too jealous.
I’m Melissa Cassera — the CEO + President of Cassera Communications.
And when it comes to turning business owners into total celebrities,
I’m the real McCoy.
: I’ve got 10+ years of experience as a PR strategist, marketing + communication virtuoso — and I’ve led multi-million dollar campaigns for companies + start-ups in the US, Canada, the UK, Japan, and France.
: I’ve been featured on the Today Show, NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox News as well as glossy magazines + web portals like Glamour Magazine, Redbook Magazine, AMEX Open and Forbes.
: I’ve worked with hundreds of clients in dozens of industries — from tech start-ups to health + wellness businesses to fashion companies + lifestyle brands.
: My clients regularly score national media attention, book deals (with bidding wars), paid speaking gigs — and sometimes, 6-figure spokesperson deals + reality TV show pilots.
I don’t just talk about fame + visibility — I’m living by my own lessons, as a professional actress + TV spokesperson with more than 10 films + 100 TV credits to my name.
When it comes to creating killer PR strategies, I’m heavily influenced by Hollywood + the entertainment industry, as a whole. I love taking powerful film + TV techniques, and using them to mold business owners into breakout stars.
I currently split my time between NYC and NJ, but I’ll soon be a west coast gal — dividing my time between LA + San Francisco.
And when I’m not serving up sizzling advice to my clients — or auditioning for my next cinematic role — you can find me blowing off steam at the gun range, hiking + biking with my husband Gary, and rolling around with our adorable Australian Shepherd Jake (aka Jakey Cakes, turkey sandwich, and handsome face), and our brand-new Shih Tzu puppy Lily (alias: Little Lily Gaga + Sassy Pants).
If you’re itching for more dirt, check out these “10 Things You Never Know About Me.”
1. I am just learning to sew — and have rampant dreams of being a contestant on Project Runway.
2. I am a living “Swedish Meatball” — I am 50% Swedish and 50% Italian.
3. I didn’t learn to ride a bike until the age of 30.
4. I am obsessed with every single show on HBO and Showtime, and devour every spoiler I can find.
5. I go through virtuous spurts of trying to live without coffee . . . but every fall, when the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte returns, I’m done for.
6. I love to exercise to movie trailer music + epic blockbuster film scores — the score for TRANSFORMERS is an all-time fav!
7. I want to be Tina Fey when I grow up — and then be reincarnated as Mindy Kaling.
8. I can plow through most books in one sitting. Favorite authors: Charlaine Harris, Stieg Larsson, Chelsea Handler, and Alison Weir.
9. I write a True Blood fan newsletter, and have been coerced by my readers to start writing one for Game of Thrones (told you I was obsessed with TV!)
10. I’m living proof that your business can bankroll your passions — and that it’s never too late to make your dreams real . . . whether you want to act, dance, write, rock out in a band, or completely rule your industry!
Ready to get recognized for your business success —
and find out what it means to be a total celebrity?